Wonder 2017: University of Nottingham opens its doors for new fun-filled community day
The University of Nottingham is throwing open its doors to curious minds for Wonder 2017, a day of hands-on fun. Wonder will see University Park transformed into a land of discovery and adventure with a packed schedule of FREE activities for all ages.
Previously known as ‘May Fest’, which ran between 2008 and 2015, Wonder will be the University’s largest community engagement event. This year it takes place on Saturday 17 June between 11am and 5pm and is expected to attract around 6,000 attendees.
Visitors will have the chance to have a go at experiments, activities, workshops, games, trails and puzzles with our friendly staff and students. You’ll be able to:
- see Vikings battle Anglo-Saxons in fearsome re-enactments
- solve clues on the Raiders of the Lost Park treasure hunt around Highfields
- watch extreme experiments which burn, cut, smash and crush materials
- discover how your body works with hands-on activities
- learn new fun skills with the University’s futsal team
- get crafty and help create our mini sculpture park
- wow at our race-winning electric motorbike.